Who IS this guy?!

'Niceguy' Eddie

Political Talk Show Host and Internet Radio Personality. My show, In My Humble Opinion, aired on RainbowRadio from 2015-2017, and has returned for 2021! Feel free to contact me at niceguy9418@usa.com. You can also friend me on Facebook.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Gold Star Awards, October, 2012

Yep. THAT'S how far behind I am. I haven't given Gold Star's since last September.  And while I could just pick up NOW where I left, I don't want to do that. And while I know these generally don't get read (or at least commented on) as often as other posts, I do really encourage people to check out the site's I'll be highlighting in my next four posts. There are some really important people, doing really important work that I think really deserve some publicity and support.  So for the next four posts, over what I hope is the next four days, I'm going to get my awards list caught up.  Please check these guys out.

October, 2012 = 1980 = 2 Golds, 1 Silver. Without further ado...

The Duke Snider GOLD STAR #56: WikiLeaks

OK, I know that I'm going to get in some trouble from several corners for this one, but fuck it. While I don't necessarily approve of everything he/they have done, and don't know that I like the man personally, I DO applaud his mission. Government SHOULD be more transparent, and they've had more than enough chances to become so.  Conservatives and Liberals alike will argue that the Obama administration is no more transparent that the Bush administration was, and they would be right. (Though... still hardly a reason to vote Republican.) So fuck 'em.. They had they're change. I say, "You go, minions of Julian Asange!" and let the chips fall where they may.  Maybe after a little anarchy, this Democracy might start becoming accountable to the People again!


The Al Kaline GOLD STAR #57: Human Rights Campaign

HRC has emerged as the premier organization lobbying for LGBT Equality.  With 1.5 million members and supporters nationwide, HRC envisions an America where LGBT people are ensured of their basic equal rights, and can be open, honest and safe at home, at work and in the community.  They have reached the point where they were relevant in the last election, and one of the driving factors behind the repeals of DADT and DOMA and the legalization and recognition of Same-Sex Marriage is the States.  They do great work. Check them out, and be sure to sign up for their email alerts.


The Chuck Klein SILVER STAR #55: Head Trip

Admittedly I am not as regular a reader of this as I am so many of the other web-comics that I've Silver-starred, but I always get a laugh when I tune into Head Trip.  Amanda Russell is a geek-girl, either at-heart or in reality (not sure, I don't know her personally) and it really comes through in this quirky, sometimes dark, usually twisted, and often absurd "trip" of a web-strip.  I love her sense of humor.  There's no ONE story line, so you can pick it up anywhere.  (But if you can find any of the "Adventures of EmoKid and ChemoKid... those are classic!)

No comments:

Post a Comment