Who IS this guy?!
Political Talk Show Host and Internet Radio Personality. My show, In My Humble Opinion, aired on RainbowRadio from 2015-2017.
Feel free to contact me at email@example.com. You can also friend me on Facebook, follow me on Twitter, and Tumblr, and support my Patreon. Also, if you don't mind the stench, you can find my unofficial "fan club" over HERE. ;)
Saturday, June 17, 2017
My good friend, Terra, who has been a guest on my show numerous times, and granted an interview to this blog before that, has announced her candidacy for the House Representing California's 10th Congressional district. I wish her all the best, and hope that she can help us take back the House from the Republicans in 2018.
To learn more about Terra and her plafotrm, please go to TerraSnover.com and donate or volunteer, if you are able to. (I'm doing both! MAKE IT SNO!!!)
And be sure to check out her interview with the Huffington Post, by my good friend Suzanne DeWitt Hall.
My own interviews with Terra can be found here, here, here, and here.
Friday, June 16, 2017
Sunday, January 8, 2017
Coming up this Tuesday (10-Jan, at 10:PM EST) we've got Author and Poet, John Kaniecki to talk about his recent memoir, "More than the Madness" which talks about his struggles with Mental Illness, and his anthology "Poet to the Poor: Poems of Hope for the Bottom One Percent."
Followed by Serbsican on Saturday, 14-Jan at 8:PM EST, to talk about their music and upcoming projects in 2017.
And more will be announced as they are scheduled! Thanks for tuning in and for all of your support!
Sunday, November 27, 2016
A couple of points:
1) For this excessive I am looking at who the States went to in the PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS.
2) I'm leaving out the other regions because the pattern I wish to demonstrate does not apply. The Mountain States (and Alaska) have ALWAYS been, and REMAIN solidly Republican Territory. (A few have just started to turn, only in the past few cycles.)The Midwest, has generally been a reliable battleground, with a mix of loyalties throughout he region, and the Pacific States WERE solidly Republican until 1992, since which they have become solidly Democratic.
3) I am leaving out the following years, during which one party of the other won in a National Landslide: 1936, 1940, 1944, 1964, 1972, 1984. These years say less about the region and their party loyalty and more about how well (or how poorly) the individual candidates did that year. IOW: That Massachusetts went to Reagan in 1984 or Roosevelt in 1936 says very little about Massachusetts specifically, and far more about Reagan and Roosevelt, since basically the ENTIRE COUNTRY went that way in those years.
4) I am starting with the 1876 elections. This was the first year that the REPUBLICANS faced a unified DEMOCRATIC party. In the elections prior, the Democrats were fractured and ran multiple candidates. And before 1860, there were no Republicans.
5) To keep the number on the same scale, I am counting how often the State went to the DEMOCRAT. And coloring according to that Scale.
Here is the first period:
As you can see, the DEMOCRATS dominated the Deep South. And mind you, this map DOES NOT include the National Democratic Landslides of Franklin Roosevelt!
And now the second period:
WHOA! The damn map done FLIPPED RIGHT OVER! Well... What the hell happened in 1964 that was so...?
"We have lost the South for a generation." President Lyndon Johnson, upon signing the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
OK... So actually the quote itself is mere legend. He never said it. But the sentiment however, if anything, is grossly understated. If he had said it, it would have been amazingly prescient. And given that this is basically the largest, if not the only, such change in electoral college trends - as the Mountain states were already Red and stayed Red, the Midwest stayed mostly purple, and the Pacific Coast (3 states) changing much later - don't tell me that this isn't about race. And don't believe ANYONE when the say that the DEMOCRATS are the party of the KKK. Oh, sure, they were. No doubt about it: LOOK AT THE TOP MAP!
But when they STOPPED being that?
They lost the South for GENERATIONS, and have still failed to win the bulk of it back.
Saturday, November 26, 2016
Tuesday, November 15, 2016
And remember everyone, RainbowRadio.FM exists to give the LGBT community a voice. And come what may, we are not going anywhere! So if YOU'VE got something to say, to the incoming administration or to your community, we want to hear from you!
You can email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a statement to read on the air, or with a recording to be played.
You can also send a Contact Request to my Skype, Niceguy Eddie Cabot, to speak with me directly and setup a recording session, to be aired on the next available podcast.
Good night, and good luck!