Who IS this guy?!

'Niceguy' Eddie

Political Talk Show Host and Internet Radio Personality. My show, In My Humble Opinion, aired on RainbowRadio from 2015-2017, and has returned for 2021! Feel free to contact me at niceguy9418@usa.com. You can also friend me on Facebook.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, February 5, 2010

Friday Fun... just some stuff...

Nothing much going on today.  I was going through some old comic books, and I found the above panels, from  "Kingdom Come," written by Mark Waid and Painted (yes: Painted) by Alex Ross back in 1996.  I love it not only for the sentiment...

"You heard Big Blue's pitch, now for the Democratic Resposne." Priceless!  Green Arrow's always portrayed as one of the most liberal Superheores that ever lived.  Go figure: He modeled his costume and MO after Robin Hood, who "robbed from the rich and gave to the poor." LOL "Big Blue" BTW, in this case, is a reference to SUPERMAN, not the Republicans.  But I can't BEGIN to explain the whole thing.  Suffice to say that it's worth a read, and this is one of my favorite lines in it!

...but also for Alex Ross's ARTWORK which is just masterpiece quality in every panel.  Check out his website for more examples.  IMHO, he's simply the best there is, or ever was.

In any case, I'm keeping the banner until someone tells me to take it down.  :)  It's just way too... apt.

Changing gears...

I learned about a new website today from MMFA:  STOPBECK.COM. Awesome.  Will absolutely be a Gold-Star winner the next time I hand out any.  (There will only be Silver Star awards THIS month, however and THIS SITE warrants a GOLD!)  MMFA's misinformer of the year, 2009 deserves no less!

And seeing it reminded me of another site that was active years ago, back when I first stumbled accross MediaMatters.org and started down the path of enlightenment: SWEET JESUS I HATE BILL O'RIELLY!  Now... that site hasn't been active since 2005, but reading the guy's old posts I could absolutly relate to how he felt back then!  (And with his homage to The Godfather. LOL)  Now... you may or may not know this, but Bill O'Rielly took home the "Misinfomrer of the Year" award back in 2004... 

...So, I find it no suprise that Fox has to have the whole unholy trinity on the air: Does anyone know any good sites grilling 2008 MMFA Misinformer of the Year, Sean Hannity?

Have a happy weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Don't know of any dedicated sites, but I wrote a piece back in 2002 about Hannity's clueless, uninformed grilling of Michael Newdow over the matter of congressional chaplains:
    http://claslib2.tripod.com/lh/020904.html

    It was picked up by some enterprising activist and incorporated (though without attribution--grumble, grumble) into something called "The Document Sean Hannity Doesn't Want You To Read," and circulated all over the internet. Some years later, when Hannity began the same spiel, I gave the item to MMFA, who ran their own piece on it.

    (Wow, that sounded like nothing but a bunch of self-promotion, didn't it? So sue me--I was impressed with how far it spread.)

    Alex Ross's artwork in KINGDOM COME is, indeed, fantastic. Unfortunately, the story it illustrates is deplorable. Check out MARVELS for more great Alex Ross, but, in that case, attached to a story that's actually worth reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classy,

    I re-read Kindom Come again today, for the first time in years. I wouldn't go so far as to say "deplorable" but the story is... mediocrea t best, to be sure. It certainly doesn't measure up to the art. I'll be sure to check out your Hannity link.

    Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete