Who IS this guy?!

'Niceguy' Eddie

Political Talk Show Host and Internet Radio Personality. My show, In My Humble Opinion, aired on RainbowRadio from 2015-2017, and has returned for 2021! Feel free to contact me at niceguy9418@usa.com. You can also friend me on Facebook.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I urge everyone to go and read ClassicLiberal's reply to my earlier post (here) on the health care bill, over on Left Hook.  He really does a great job summing up the Left's critiques and his own frustration with the current bill.  And while I still disagree with his end judgement on the matter, as always he makes a strong, pationate, well-informed case.  And honestly, I really can't dispute most of his points. 

So check it out. 

And Left Hook's really worth your while to read, in general.  If I ever need to solicit the position of someone who is decidely to the Left of ME, he's the first place I'll go!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the plug. You're probably too kind to Left Hook--I'm a writer, and it probably represents the biggest single collection of first drafts in my portfolio. I'm definitely to the left of you, but I'm no ideological jihadist. I'm a pragmatist who thinks the liberals always sell themselves short. In spite of a conservative hegemony in U.S. institutions, liberals by and large have the hearts and minds of Americans. Whenever we don't, we will eventually.

    I read and reply to various blogs from time to time. This one seems to have drawn a lot out of me lately. My Left Hook site has been around, in one incarnation or another, for nearly a decade, but it's an on-again-off-again project. A dirty little secret of mine is that I follow public policy matters because it's irresponsible not to do so, but if I had my druthers, I'd druther ignore it all and focus on what really interests me:
    http://cinemarchaeologist.blogspot.com/
    http://comcomment.tripod.com/
    And writin' fiction, and makin' movies, and so on.

    I like "In My Humble Opinion." Sometimes, I like it a lot. You have an appropriate disdain toward the righties, and usually know what you're talking about! The latter alone is something akin to a miracle in an internet that has trended more and more toward "wasteland" in recent years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL... Your latest post on cinemarchaeologist happens to jive, 100%, with my own opinon. It may end up one of the more controversial things I say in this blog, but: Ang Lee's HULK was a GOOD movie. Not a GREAT movie, to be sure, but a GOOD, and argualbly a VERY GOOD movie. Sadly, as usual, we're in the minority on that opinion. But then... the MAJORITY re-elected Bush! so I'm fine with that!

    ReplyDelete