Who IS this guy?!

'Niceguy' Eddie

Political Talk Show Host and Internet Radio Personality. My show, In My Humble Opinion, aired on RainbowRadio from 2015-2017, and has returned for 2021! Feel free to contact me at niceguy9418@usa.com. You can also friend me on Facebook.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Wow...

I had other stuff to do tonoight, and other stuff I wanted to blog about first, but nothing inspires a completed spontaneous blog like coming accross something amazing when you've got other stuff you want or need to do.

I found an absolutely amazing video on YoutTube just now.  It's concert footage of Bruce Springsteen performing Bob Dylan's Chimes of Freedom.  Now... I've spoken before about my admiration of Harry Chapin as both a musican and a human being.  I want to say that, without a doubt in my mind, I believe that Bob Dylan was the greatest American Poet of the 20th Century.  And as many truly legendary musicians in thier own right over the years have covered him, the only one who has ever done even a passable job of capturing the life, soul and sprit of Dylan's lyrics is the Boss.  This is just... beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. Memories and ghosts. To steal a line from Brendan Behan, praising this would be like praising the Lakes of Killarney: impertinent.

    Thanks, Eddie; it's a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not the biggest fan of his music, but I have to admit that Springsteen is really hot looking.

    ReplyDelete