Who IS this guy?!

'Niceguy' Eddie

Political Talk Show Host and Internet Radio Personality. My show, In My Humble Opinion, aired on RainbowRadio from 2015-2017, and has returned for 2021! Feel free to contact me at niceguy9418@usa.com. You can also friend me on Facebook.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Hoo boy...

I posted something on Media Matters today that got an overwhelmingly positive response and generated some interesting challenges to it as well.  So I'm going to expand on the thought over here... just not now. (It's late.) LOL.

And between that and some ritualistic abuse of one "BoulderHippy" (truly one of the most brain-dead conservatives you're likely to meet, but one of those 'never gives up' types that makes MMFA so much fun) it seems I've attracted at least one Conservative Troll over here.  Which is cool.  And I can tell, becuase they went a voted "what a load" on every single item that came up in the blog! LOL.  And yet... they left all of the older stuff unscathed.  How lazy is that? If you're going to troll me, at least go back a page or two, right? LOL.  But, I mean, WTF, they even "thumbs-downed" the WWII Veterans tribute song!  I mean... why do they hate Veterans, right? ;)

And, go figure: Not ONE SINGLE COMMENT left in their wake.  But then... I guess that's how I know it's not one of YOU GUYS, becuase if YOU think I'm full of shit, you've never been shy on calling me out on it!  (And I truly wouldn't have it any other way!)

Anyway, like I said, it's late, so I'll get on my soapbox tomorrow.  In the meantime, here's some music that worth a listen.  I'm a huge fan of Pandora and I've been turned on to some GREAT bands through my Flogging Molly Channel: Great Big Sea, Carbon Leaf (who wrote THIS), the Tossers and a band called "DaVinci's Notebook" who are freaking hilarious.

Here's one of thiers.  TELL ME we all haven't been THERE at some point! (I'm there at least once a week!)



(Yeah: Me too!)

If you liked that, and you generally like Irish Drinking Songs, here's Another Irish Drinking Song, also by DaVinci's Notebook:



What's the difference between an Irish Wedding and an Irish Funeral?

One less drunk.


Finally, there was something else that I want to share. This one's not funny at all. But I think it's has some contemporary social relevance in light of the draconian, anti-labor RW Agenda the Republicans are pushing through in places like Wisconsin (as fast as they possibly can, now that they're asses are all facing recalls!) and if you ever want a great pro-labor, anti-corporate bastards song, this one's for you. There's just one prob... I can't find an acceptable (complete) version of it!

This is a REALLY GOOD cover, by a gent name Kenn Gordon:


I like it, but he left off the final verse:

The thirties are a memory for Dad again
He tells me it can never be that bad again
But from Jarrow and from Clyde they come
With silent hearts and muffled drum
We want the cake and not the crumb
We're mad again


Me too, friend. Me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment