Who IS this guy?!

'Niceguy' Eddie

Political Talk Show Host and Internet Radio Personality. My show, In My Humble Opinion, aired on RainbowRadio from 2015-2017, and has returned for 2021! Feel free to contact me at niceguy9418@usa.com. You can also friend me on Facebook.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday Fun: Stuff we don't need & other disappointing products

In the same vain as another extremely disappointing product - the Lasertorch - I've recently come across some other products that over-promise, under-deliver, or just don't serve any positive purpose at all.

Second most disappointing product ever (behind only the Lasertorch):  The DATEFINDER

See this thing?




















I was told it was a "Datefinder."  What a piece of junk.  I've had the thing for like ten years, and it hasn't gotten me a single date yet!  I don't get it at all!  At best, women seem positively disinterested in it when I show it to them.  Usually they're just turned off by the whole thing.  Very disappointing.


Something we REALLY don't need? Certain colors of Play-Doh

Did you ever play with Play-Doh as a kid? I did.  As I recall, it came in three colors: Red, Blue and Yellow.  Now it comes in colors that only men who are very secure in their sexuality cam even identify.  ONE COLOR it now comes in, that I think is a REALLY unfortunate choice? Brown.

Think of what most kids do with Play-Doh.  It always ends up looking like this:














Yeah, yeah. The tablecloth is hideous, I know.  DW picked it out.


Why does every woman's Halloween Costume have to be Sexy?

I'm OK with MOST of them - Pirate, Nurse, Cop, Vampire... but check out this ad from a store near us:

























What the heck is with that chick in the lower Left Hand Corner?  Sexy IRON MAN Dress?  What the...?  Look, I realize that Pepper Potts is not going to be anyone's first choice, but who really wants to go as the most pathetic Iron-Man groupie in the word?  Why not just make an Iron-Man suit, but with a women's contour?  I mean... what is the point (crime fighting-wise) of ANY PART of that costume?  I mean... WHY?!


Least Appropriate use of SEX in Advertising:

I found this flier stuck in my door a few weeks back.  This was the what the front looked like:

















I'm thinking, "OK.  Rather than wait until I've gained back every pound I lost.  maybe I should check this place out.  Says it's "free."  I know that's probably only for a trial membership, but maybe I should check it out.  So I opened it up...

















Are you freakin' kidding me?  No, no they're not...



















Now, you know I said that this was all about stuff that over-promised and under delivered, right?  Well, I'm going to spare the you obvious attacks against the all-time heavyweight champion of false promises and instead point out something that struck me as just downright bizarre.

What was on the front cover again?  Tits and ass, in a spandex jogging suit.

Talk about your epic bait-and-switch!  Seriously, of all the things you can use SEX to sell - and I've seen sex used to sell a pretty bizarre range of products - RELIGION just should not be on that list.


Anyway, that's it.  No snappy punchline, just a few random braindroppings.  Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment